100 things about me you probably don't want to know, but curiosity has led you here. So, like the cat in the old adage, prepare to die!
1) I used to be a technical writer.
2) Hated it, but loved the people.
3) I'm a member of Mensa.
3.14159) Pi is my favorite number.
4) Used to be a scuba instructor.
5) Hated the politics, but loved the job and the students.
6) I met my husband, at age 16, at SPACE CAMP!
7) I majored in physics.
8) I almost changed my major five different time because of Fs on physics tests.
9) Our twins were conceived with the help of fertility treatments.
10) I was a huge Janet Jackson fan in the 1990s.
11) I had a crush on Captain Kirk.
12) And Scotty.
13) I am addicted to finding out latest radar images of my area when it's raining.
14) I'm pissed that "Heather" is not in the NOAA list of hurricane names.
15) I didn't attend my 10-year high school reunion.
16) I won't attend any of my high school reunions.
17) I was my high school band drum major.
18) Orion is my favorite constellation.
19) My favorite color is purple (duh).
20) I was a volunteer diver at the Tennessee Aquarium.
21) I want to retire on the island of Bonaire.
22) I once ran a marathon.
23) Well, it was more like shuffling.
24) Tanzanite is my favorite gemstone.
25) I'm allergic to my wedding band. No, really.
26) Fiscally, I'm a Conservative.
27) Socially, I'm a Liberal.
28) Two of our three children are named after characters on the TV show Big Valley.
29) I am a deist.
30) I've taken one good black and white picture in my life.
31) The picture was of a dead tree.
32) I never learned to play chess.
33) I was diagnosed with depression after my father's death.
34) I still miss him very much.
35) I joined a sorority in college.
36) I don't like wine.
37) My favorite animal is the eel.
38) I love fall.
39) I hate summer.
40) I will never live in Ohio.
41) I love Disney World.
42) Cross-stitching calms me.
43) I hate Rooms To Go.
44) I have dressed up as a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
45) I want to get a tattoo.
46) Ty-man won't let me.
47) P. Buckley Moss is my favorite artist.
48) I have always wanted to visit the world's smallest countries.
49) Already been to Lichtenstein and the people were asses, completely ruining the experience.
50) I have a strange fascination with Henry VIII and the Tudor dynasty.
Whew. Halfway there. Take a breath, sip of coffee. 'Kay, ready? Let's go. Just 50 more to go.
51) Used to be an Anne Rice fan.
52) If I was rich and eccentric, I'd have a whole room dedicated to Halloween.
53) I still display and dust my band trophies.
54) I prefer rainy days to sunny ones.
55) I believe in ghosts.
56) I've taught myself to play the hammered dulcimer.
57) Someday, I want to go to Japan.
58) I collect rosaries.
59) I'm not even Catholic.
60) I once tried to learn how to read Tarot cards.
61) Gave it up 'cause I suck at it.
62) I want to be cremated.
63) Wonder Woman is my favorite superhero.
64) I've had a paper published in a scientific journal.
65) My 1st car was a 1992 Toyota Tercel (mint green).
66) My favorite car was a 1999 silver Mazda Miata.
67) I prefer stick shift over automatic.
68) I don't forward chain letters or junk/joke e-mails.
69) I dislike texting.
70) I sleep on my right side.
71) I had my tonsils removed when I was six.
72) My favorite photographer is my late uncle, Curtis Scarbro.
73) If I had been a boy, my name would have been Sean or Simeon.
74) Somewhere, out there, I have a half-brother.
75) I like sci-fi conventions.
76) I refuse to eat at McDonald's.
77) The Bonaire flag is hanging on my office wall.
78) My favorite flowers are daisies and purple roses.
79) I have anxiety/panic attacks over a deep fear of death.
80) Late-night TV and getting held by Ty-man calms said panic attacks.
81) I wish I lived in a tree house.
82) I like mayonnaise sandwiches.
83) Kevin Smith is my favorite movie director.
84) Joss Whedon is a script-writing genius.
85) I hate cockroaches.
86) I am a Federalist.
87) I wish I was two inches taller.
88) I wish my extended family could be more like my husband's extended family.
89) When on the beach, I like a good romance novel.
90) I keep hard copies of all my posts in a 3-ring binder.
91) The 3-ring binder is purple.
92) Sean Connery is my favorite Bond...
93) ... but Timothy Dalton most accurately portrayed Bond.
94) I hate river birch trees.
95) I hate neighborhood associations.
96) I like nutmeg.
97) I know one phrase in Danish.
98) I love the smells of honeysuckle and my kids.
99) I like bluegrass music.
100) My dad would be proud of me for that admission.