21 September 2007

Top Ten People You Want to Hear Say "I Love You"

Today was a milestone, a landmark, a day that brought tears to my eyes. It was the first time one of my children (Miss-Miss, to be exact) said, "I love you, Mama." Dear Lord, if we hadn't been in a rush to get them out the door for their daily walk, I would have wept. As it is, I smiled big (causing her to smile bigger) and said, "I love you, too, Miss-Miss! Oh, Mama loves you so very much!" So, in honor of this momentous occasion, here is this Friday's top ten.

The top ten people you want to hear say "I Love You":

10. Those sweet, dear, wonderful friends of yours on a night out on the town, drunk, calling at 3AM! (Heeeeeeyyyyy! You know what? I loooooooovvvveeee you! And you know what else? I'm sooooooooo drunk!)

9. A waiter/waitress whom you've just tipped 50% or more of the bill. (You know what? I love you! Would you like a piece of pie, on the house?)

8. Someone you've just helped out of a bind/accident/bad day (Gee, thanks for pulling me out of that burning car and giving me CPR, resuscitating me and saving my life! I love you.).

7. Your furry child (OK, they can't talk, but a lick is the feline/canine equivalent of I love you.)

6. Your Hollywood/famous-person crush. (For me, Sean Connery. Hmmmm, nothin' beats I love you said with a Scottish accent!)

5. Those sweet, dear, wonderful sober friends!

4. Aunts, uncles, cousins, and the like.

3. Parents, of course. The I love yous from parents are always comforting!

2. Dear sweet hubby/wife/significant other. These I love yous are quite special.

1. Those sweet, adorable offspring! These you cherish!

See you tomorrow with the weekend quote!

No comments: