We celebrated J-man's birthday on Saturday and as I was sweeping up the kitchen post-toddlers-with-lampshades-on-heads, I see this in my Inbox:
I understand each Director got a packet with information from DPM Wed night at the meeting which I could not attend. I would like to know why I wasn't told about this and why I have not received mine or someone who has it didn't tell me about it and make arrangements to get it to me. I want it.
I don't know. To me? That's confrontational. In my face. A smidge douchebaggy. And so I called him on it:
If you want an answer regarding your packet from me or anyone else on the Board, please change the tone of this e-mail as it is very confrontational and uncalled for.
And for the next 48 hours, I endured a never-ending diatribe of which the following is just a glimpse:
- You don't tell me to do anything at any time do you understand me.
- You are doing no more than trying to bait me into another confrontational e-mail and I will not play to YOUR CHILDISH antics.
- Your outlandish, derogatory, slanderous, cut throat and down right nasty and sarcastic e-mails towards me, and the cursing towards me, and me alone, have been sent to the other members of the Board.
- I feel that your demeanor, your constant harassment and baiting towards me, your sarcastic e-mails to start a constant e-mail flaming war towards me, is in no way a good thing for the other two Board members and I think you should resign and let someone who really cares about our community take your place.
- You need to resign from this HOA Board for your outlandish, child like antics.
- This constant harassment towards me has got to stop.
Was I cussing at him? Showing up at his doorstep, taunting him with cruel words and lewd gestures? Was I running around the neighborhood, shouting The HOA VP is a total wanker!? Was I leaving flaming dog poo in the front seat of his car? Was I standing on a balcony, shouting Rise, my fellow bloggers, and fill his Inbox with Viagra spam! Mwhahahahahah!?
(Hrm. That last one isn't a bad idea.)
No, actually. For every e-mail I received from him over a 48 hour period (10 in all), every single response from me read as follows:
I will be glad to answer your question regarding your DPM packet if you will please rephrase the question in an non-confrontational and unemotional manner.
Cut throat? Slanderous? Childish? Harassment? Baiting? I should resign?
Seriously, people. I'm not making this up.
And on top of all of this, the HOA Treasurer (who just five days ago was completely behind me calling out the VP on his bullish antics) called the President and informed the President that I'm the one being childish and that the President needs to tell me to stop. Isn't that request right there rather, um, dare I say it...
Childish? (Not to mention passive-aggressive?)
I'm surrounded by infantile bullshit and I'm not even talking about the three well-behaved toddlers currently sleeping 10 feet away from me.
Please, all of you reading this, give me your thoughts. I'd appreciate it.