28 October 2009

Safe, But Not Sound

We're home.

And I'm not pleased.

We had a fabulous time in Orlando. We partied. We spent time with family. We got our geek on.

And the whole time, all I could think was When I get home, I have to face the bully. I have to face neighbors who don't know me but feel free to speak ill of me. I have to sit through an ugly meeting, a nasty situation, and grit my teeth, and act civil, and be nice to these people who have enjoyed the drama of the last month at my expense.

Each time I hugged and laughed with friends, I wished they lived in my community.

Every time I kissed a family member, it was with sadness because they live there while I'm here.

As we got into our car yesterday to leave Florida, all I wanted to do was run to the home of the loved-one closest to me and hide.

Tonight, I'll be clenching my teeth, gripping my seat, and looking at the Ty-man in the back of the room, shivering with nervousness, anger, and adrenaline.

Wishing to be with the people I love.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever it gets to be too much to bear, just imagine Vader choking them.

Seriously, though, I don't know why people have to be so petty and cause such pain. I hope something changes and things get better for you.

HEATHER said...

Oh dearie, I will be praying for you. Let us know how it goes.

Irrational Dad said...

Just remember... they suck and you're awesome!

Bubblewench said...

Oh you can do this! You're strong! Think of us like those verizon commercials, we're really all just standing right outside the hall backing you up.

Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I think we should build some weird creepy blogger commune and all live there. I think our only main problem would be gossip and drama! ;)

That One said...

What Joe said!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I ditto Joe too.

Ashlie- Mommycosm said...

For the record, I'm in on Adam's road trip.

Good luck. Mean people suck. Sorry they live in your neighborhood. The house next door to me is for sale;)

Unknown said...

And me. I'd be happy to come down there and whup on some billy butt. (Of course, I DO realize that ALL people from Georgia are NOT billies - but it seems that some ARE.) You are SO frigging awesome - why can't these 'tards see that?

OMG - the word verification is "comes". So prophetic on so many levels.

Patois42 said...

Bring us in your head. We're here. You're not schizophrenic. We really are in your head talking you up.

sybil law said...

On the other hand, it's a good way of weeding out the assholes from the good people in your community.
I wish you the best. If I could be there, you know I would - yelling at the main douchebag who started it all.
xo!

Lynda said...

Man, you should have come hid at my place. It's nice here, and the other side of the country.