Seriously. Go read it. You need to in order to get the gist of this post. GO!!!!
No, this post isn't about time travel (Don't I wish!). It's about the fact that Stephen Hawking just doesn't give a rat's ass what you think about him or his ideas. He's 68, he's in a state-of-the-air wheelchair that probably has hidden rocket launchers, his computer voice could kick your ass, and he played poker with Data, Einstein, and Sir Isaac Newton.
If he doesn't care what you think about his ideas? Then neither should I. Here you go:
- I only care about three neighbors in my 169-home subdivision. After the divisiveness of the HOA last year, I have no love for the people living around me. If the whole place caught fire? I'd break out the marshmallows and watch it burn.
- I don't think Heaven is a place. I think it's a furthering of our existences. I think we are all little pieces of God, placed here on Earth (or other planets/galaxies/whatever) to experience corporeal life. When we die, unless we end up staying on Earth attached to our loved ones for one reason or another, we merge back into God. Yep, go ahead and say it. BLASPHEMER!
- I wasn't too pleased with the election of our current President. Hell, I didn't even want the other guy to be elected (ah, the joy of affiliating with a third party). But, I was willing to give President Obama the benefit of the doubt and respect his decisions because he's the duly-elected leader of our country. But seriously? You fucking killed the Orion space program and kicked NASA in the balls after they've already been ball-busted for over 30 years with budget cuts. Mr. President, we're done. You lost me.
- I watch all of the Real Housewives... shows. I admit it. I watch them because they make me feel superior.
- Throughout most of my life, I've tried too hard. I've always tried to insinuate myself into social groups and I always (I think) failed. I constantly felt I was on the outside looking in. Now, I think I've finally figured it out. I'm just me and I sit back and watch and interject when I have something to say, not just howling to get attention. Thirty-eight years and I'm finally comfortable in social situations. Friggin' took me long enough.
- Sometimes? I wish I could disappear. Completely.
- I don't think I'm very smart. I honestly don't. I also don't think I'm very good at the few things I do. I'm very hard on myself and as far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty much a failure every day.
- Our government didn't mandate to the oil companies to stop using tankers for oil transport after the Exxon Valdez oil spill. I don't believe putting a stop to all off-shore drilling is the answer to the recent BP oil rig accident.
- And for the lightning round... I think homosexuals should be allowed in the military. I think women should be allowed in combat positions. I think abortion should be legalized and condoms placed in middle and high school restrooms. I believe capital punishment is sanctioned state murder. I think immigration laws should be strictly enforced and I don't think English should be declared our country's official language. I think the burning of the American flag should be allowed in our country and I think the Westboro Baptist Church should be blown off the face of the Earth. I think homosexual couples should be allowed to marry and adopt children and I think single parents should be allowed to adopt as well.
Ah, I feel so much better. Thanks Professor Hawking!