06 April 2009

Ice Ice Baby

I now have the cold that kept my kids out of school for a week.

I mean, I didn't mind puking for three months, getting kicked in the bladder for six months or breastfeeding them at 3AM.

I haven't minded the 2AM night terrors, the whining, the fussing, the coating of my kitchen table in various flavors of yogurt every. Single. Day.*

What I do mind is when my sweet little incubators of viral plague children slobber all over me and pass along their colds.

So now? I am breathing through my mouth. And tweaking on a 24-hour Sudafed for which I had to sign my life away. And I can't fall asleep. And I'm spending my night watching Road House.

And now I know why Sudafed is a main ingredient in crystal meth.

Ice, ice, baby.

*Don't get me wrong. Those things
do drive me nuts from time to time but in the grand scheme of things? The wrecking my future Miata, the trashing of our house with the help of 100 of their closest friends while Ty-man and I are out of town, or the downloading of Playboy centerfolds? Those things I will mind.

9 comments:

Ashlie- Mommycosm said...

Our pharmacy made me sign a statement that I wouldn't make meth when I purchased Sudafed. Is that a national thing? How crazy?!

Enjoy the high...Hope you feel better soon!

sybil law said...

I am so going to remind you of this post when your house and car are trashed and the Trojan horse infects your computer!
:)
(Get better soon! Ride the Sudafed wave!!)

Avitable said...

Roadhouse - such a great B movie!

Gypsy said...

Feel better soon!

Merrily Down the Stream said...

Cold medicine keeps me up all night too. It sucks!!!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I had the flu a few weeks ago thanks to my sweet little granddaughter. Hope you're feeling better soon. ((Hugs)))

Trukindog said...

What did any Playboy centerfold ever do to you ?

A Free Man said...

Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

Michael from dadcation.com said...

that suuuuuuucks! i'm sure the atlanta weather lately hasn't helped.