13 October 2007

Stuff From All Over

Have any of you ever had one of those moments when, you're proud to be a mom, proud of your kids, love them dearly, but wish others were more appreciative of them? I'm not talking about shoving your kids down someone's throat 24/7 and expecting them to adore your children. I'm talking about being made to feel small just because of your childrens' existence and your inability to detach yourself from them because, let's face it, when you're a breastfeeding mother of a 5-month-old, as their only food source, you are limited as to who can take care of them. I had that experience for the first time today and it brought me to my knees. I won't elaborate, but I was hurt, upset, pissed, and dearly wanting my old life back. Then, I looked at J-man's little face and said, "F it. I love you and that's all that matters."

On to more silly things...

I have watched Finding Nemo so many times the last two weeks that I'm ready to gouge out my eyes and firebomb the Pixar/Disney studios headquarters. Early in 2006, I got the bright idea of decorating the kids' bathroom with a Finding Nemo theme. Nemo soap dispenser, Nemo toothbrush holder, Nemo shower curtain, little plastic Nemo character toys (that are probably loaded with lead). I topped it all off with an actual picture of two clown anemone fish, taken by a dive buddy of mine. I figured that at some point in the future when the kids decide they're too cool for Finding Nemo, we could just have fish pictures and end it at that. Anyway, we went from playing with Nemo in the tub to taking Nemo and friends out of the tub, playing and sleeping with them at all hours of the day and night. Miss-Miss will cry if Nemo can't be located before bedtime. "Nemo? Nemo?" is her usual whimper. Two days before their birthday, we thought it would be cool to finally let Miss-Miss and Bubba watch the movie. BIIIIIGGGG mistake. We have now watched Finding Nemo every day for the last two weeks. Fifteen minutes here, ten minutes there, and it all adds up to Ty-man and I quoting the movie word-for-word and knowing the names of all the characters - Nemo, Marlin, Dory, Bruce the shark, Gil, Peach the starfish, Deb, Bubbles, Gurgle, Nigel the pelican, Squirt and Crush the turtles, and on, and on. Somebody, kill me NOW! Finding Nemo went from a cute kids' movie to the bane of my existence. It's Nemo and clown fish 24 hours a day, 7 days a week here at Casa Crazy and I'm so ready for the nut house. Ty-man said, "Well, I guess we'll have to read up on saltwater aquariums soon because the kids will want one." Yeah, sure, I'll get a salt water aquarium, so that I can fill it with clown fish and then fry up the little suckers for dinner. Pass the tartar sauce and malt vinegar, baby!

My usual Friday top ten lists have gone by the wayside. I just don't have the brain power to count to ten, much less come up with funny things to go along with ten numbers. So, top ten lists will happen when my brain happens.

Found out today that Ty-man's cousin, Newman, is pregnant!!! Way to go, Newman! Three months down and a lifetime to go! Can't wait to meet the newest member of the family this coming April. Woo hoo!

I have splurged and hired a wonderful lady named Mia over at The Blog Cafe to design a new look for my blog. So, hopefully in the next few weeks, you will be dazzled by my ideas and her talent and knowledge of blogs, HTML, and Google Blogger. Stay tuned!

Finally, in honor of October and Halloween, I have chosen a headstone quote for this weekend's blog quote. From Benjamin Franklin's headstone, here goes:

The Body of
B. Franklin, Printer
Like the Cover of an old Book
Its Contents torn out
And Stript of its Lettering & Guilding
Lies here. Food for Worms
For, it will as he believed
appear once more
In a new and more elegant Edition
corrected and improved
By the Author.

Happy Weekend! Blog you Monday.

No comments: