23 November 2007

I Am Thankful

OK, went to the doctor this morning and, two hours later (EVERYBODY in this town must be sick), I left with a definite diagnosis of strep throat. I am now at home with my amoxicillin and after attempting an extremely painful lunch of Chick-fil-A (what was I thinking?), I thought I would finally post my list of things for which I'm truly thankful.
  • I am thankful for doctors who open their practices the day after Thanksgiving.
  • I am thankful for antibiotics and Motrin.
OK, on to the real stuff...
  • I'm extremely thankful for my husband. He pats me on the head when I'm feeling down or acting like a murderous sociopath. He takes care of the kids when I'm sick, so that I can get better, and when I told him to divorce me when I found out I was infertile and might not have children, he said, "Never."
  • I'm thankful for my beautiful, sweet, healthy children. Bubba, Miss-Miss, and J-man are three of the sweetest little kids I've ever had the privilege of knowing and considering they have half of my chromosomes, it's a wonder they're not all Hell on three sets of wheels.
  • I'm thankful for my family. They are all loving and supportive and help me in more ways than I can count.
  • I'm thankful for my friends. They make me laugh, stick by me even when my humor gets sick and twisted, and understand me best of all.
  • I'm thankful for you, dear readers and lurkers, for making this blog worthwhile.
  • I'm thankful for the roof over my head keeping me dry, the food in my fridge keeping my hunger at bay, and clothes in my closet keeping me warm.
  • I'm thankful that I'm an American and, no matter the political leaning of the administration or congress, or the scandals rocking D.C., or the wars we fight, that I live free in the greatest country in the world.
Thanks for reading and I hope to lick this sore throat and be back in my game soon (see second bullet point)!

2 comments:

Military Mom said...

I hope you feel better soon, I hate Strep throat! I found your site through Not Afraid To Use It, and I have been reading for awhile. I enjoy your sense of humor! Feel better!

Avitable said...

You should have gotten a cookies and cream milkshake at Chick Fil-A. They are the best thing for sore throats!