10 November 2007

Lazy Saturday Meme

It's a lazy Saturday and I couldn't come up with an original post if somebody was threatening Sean Connery's life. So, here's a meme I ripped off from Nothing To Show But This Brand New Tattoo. Here goes!

* I am given money and sent to the grocery store to pick up 5 items. I can only pick up one thing from the following departments. What did I get?
1) Produce - Bananas (every morning, baby)
2) Bakery - Croissants
3) Meat - Boneless Chicken Breasts (bland but versatile)
4) Frozen - Breyers Low Carb Rocky Road Ice Cream
4) Dry Goods - Uncle Ben's brown rice

* Let's say I'm heading out for a weekend getaway (woo hoo!). I'm only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with me. So, what's in my bag?
1) Underwear
2) Underwear (Hey, clean underwear is a necessity.)
3) Sean Connery's underwear with him in it! (OK, not that much of a necessity.)

* If you were to listen in on one of my conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would you be most likely to hear?
1) Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ (Yeah, yeah, goin' to Hell. Heard it already.)
2) Scheiße (German for sh*t)
3) Get down off the firetruck/train/plane!
4) Stop playing with the oven/light switch/pantry door!
5) Dry up!

* So, what 3 things do I find myself doing every single day and if I didn't get to do, I'd probably be in a pretty irritable/bad mood?
1) Drink my morning coffee.
2) Blog.
3) Hug and kiss Ty-man and the kids.

* What are 3 things that I have in my home that have been with me for the longest amount of time?
1) My teddy bear, Ben (I'm 35, he's 30).
2) My drum major trophies (the oldest is 22 years old).
3) A plaque my high school best friend gave me as a graduation gift, that still hangs in my office (17 years old).

* If I was only allowed to listen to 5 of my CDs for the rest of my life, never adding anything else, which 5 would I choose?
1) Community Service by The Crystal Method
2) The Long Road by Nickelback
3) Throwing Copper by Live
4) Bat Out of Hell by Meatloaf
5) Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi

* Sweet! I just scored a whole afternoon to myself. I'm talking a 3-hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might you find me doing?
1) Stop off at Starbucks for coffee and a wi-fi connection for some remote blogging.
2) Detour to Barnes & Noble to feed my book addiction.
3) Off to the local spa to finally use up my gift certificates on a massage and facial.
4) Lunch with my tech writing buddies.
5) Finally, off to the local movie theater for the currently-playing horror/sci-fi movie.

* I'm going to the zoo, but it looks like a storm is coming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do I have to get to?
1) Gorillas (a.k.a. the family)
2) Red pandas (too cute not to pass up)
3) Reptile house

* I just scored tickets to the taping of any show of my choice. I can pick between 5, so what am I deciding between?
1) Supernatural (Hm, hm, hm. Two words for you. Jensen Ackles.)
2) Reaper
3) Medium
4) Dog the Bounty Hunter
5) Dallas (This, of course, would require a bit of time-travel, but would be worth it to lick Patrick Duffy. Where, you ask? Well, that's none of your business and is between me and Mr. Duffy!)

* I'm hungry for ice cream and I'm going to get a triple dipper cone. What 3 flavors will I get?
1) Chocolate
2) Chocolate
3) Peach

* Somebody stole my purse... in order to get it back, I have to name 5 things I know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
1) iPhone
2) Ziploc bag of Splenda packets
3) pink Delta Zeta pen
4) tube of Chapstick
5) light brown leather wallet

* I'm at a job fair and am asked what areas I'm interested in pursuing as a career. Let's pretend I have every talent and ability to be whatever I wanted (Pretend? I don't have to pretend! Snort!). So, what 3 careers would I choose?
1) Egyptologist
2) Astronaut
3) National Geographic photographer

* If I could go back and talk to the old high school me and inform myself of 6 things, what would I say?
1) They're all going to be fat and bald in 10 years.
2) You aren't going to be friends with any of them anyway (once out of college), so screw 'em!
3) Crack the books a little bit more, and you'll be valedictorian.
4) Go to the homecoming bonfire.
5) Ask Doug Bryant out on a date.
6) Listen to your parents. They actually do know what they're talking about... sometimes.

1 comment:

Not Afraid to Use It said...

This was a really cool meme! I loved your answers for the five things you say all day. I have NEVER heard the tap-dancing one before!! That is a hoot! I may have to add that one to my repertoire...