11 February 2009

Dodging Dodge*

We're leaving this afternoon for six days under the sunny skies of Florida. Since the month of March is going to be Ty-man working 25 hours a day and Heather deciding that somewhat-single motherhood sucks ass a.k.a. Hell, we figured if we're on our way to Hell, shouldn't we go to Florida first? Because, come on, we all know that those poor souls who die and find themselves in the fiery pit, think Dang! If only I'd booked that final trip to Tampa!

And I'm feeling a bit guilty about this trip sans kids. I know the kids are too young for Mickey & Co. and I know that to make it through the next month I need a break from the kids. But this is the first Valentine's Day that the twins are really aware of the holiday. And even though I have issues about the holiday (frakking overpriced roses, frakking crowded restaurants, frakking Hallmark), my kids don't. And I wanted to spend the day making heart sugar cookies, exchanging Disney-themed Valentine cards, and maybe tracking down a couple of red roses from Kroger for them to clutch in their sweaty palms and to sniff throughout the day.

But that will be a memory I will leave to my MIL. Meanwhile, the Ty-man and I will attempt to reconnect with each other, Mickey, and Adam and Britt, and will strive to ready ourselves for the month to come.

Blog you when I can!

*As in "Getting the heck outta Dodge!" Ty-man didn't get it. Figured I should explain just in case there are more of you scratching your chins. Nobody gets me.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

are you meeting Adam or just hanging in his neck of the woods?!?

either way have blast!

Miss Britt said...

I believe they call that "preventative maintenance". :-)

See you tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. The kids will not be scarred for life over one Valentine's Day w/out mom. No guilt.

Oh, and call if you need bail money when you hang out with Adam and Miss Britt...I sense Trouble;)

Avitable said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Not Afraid to Use It said...

You are going to have a blast. I know you feel say about the V-day thing, but honestly? You can have your own V-day with the kids when you get back. They will never know the difference. How much better to celebrate the holiday twice?

sybil law said...

I get you.
I am also jealous!
Have a great time!!

Gypsy said...

I thought this post was going to be about a truck.

Consider my chin scratched. ;)

Wave hi to Mickey for me, and have a balst!

Anonymous said...

You so deserve this break! Have a WONDERFUL time!

Patois42 said...

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy.

A Free Man said...

As an ex-Floridian, I can say with 100% certainty that central Florida is the first circle of hell.

But, you know, enjoy.