The first day of HeatHer '10* was awesome! Three people used the #HeatHer10** hashtag on Twitter! Those three people were me, MrsRobbieD (who, by the way, has the trippiest Twitter homepage background), and Dave, and since I don't really count that means two other people participated! Woo hoo! You, my commenters, promised the following to make our conference awesome:
- Other HeatHer said she'd bring the margarita mix.
- Cissa Fireheart guaranteed some fire ants, sand, and napkins. The fire ants, of course, were saved for the HOA Bully's front yard.
- Lisa brought the poker chips and cards. Blackjack!
- Finn supplied half a Sephora store. HALF! I'll take the nail polish half, please!
- And Ms. Sybil Law? Well, she's hauled down the Clinique swag! Woo hoo!
Miss-Miss led a breakout session on how to properly color Dora the Explorer as a mermaid and the proper proportions of a starfish:
During this session, Dave decided to get creative with his crayons...
Later, Bubba hosted our first HeatHer '10 lunch. It was a poolside theme!
After lunch, J-man gave a keynote speech on snuggling and why we all need to do it more:
And Andy insisted on leading a session entitled Quadripeds: Why they need blogs, too!
Of course, we closed out the day with dinner. And at HeatHer '10? Breakfast is what's for dinner!
We've had a great first-day and hope you can all make it for Day 2 at THE MOST awesome blogging conference EVAH!
*Yes, I realize this is all a sad attempt to make it easier to swallow my voluntary absence from BlogHer '10. But, hey, anything to make the day fun, right? RIGHT?!?
** It's pronounced Heather, remember? It's not Heat-Her. Aw, forget it. ;)